Tutors work with adults who are learning the English language skills necessary for living and working in our community. Tutors work one-on-one with individuals who either desire to acquire English language skills or citizenship preparation. Most students possess limited English. Tutors will use materials given to them or create appropriate materials to meet the student’s listening, speaking, reading, and writing needs.
• Strong desire to improve the English langue skills of students
• Sensitivity to cultural differences
• Patience, understanding, flexibility, and an unceasingly positive attitude
• Ability to meet challenge with enthusiasm.
• Ability to serve as a tutor/conversation partner for 2-3 hours one day a week
• Fluency in English
Adult ESOL Program Volunteer
"*" indicates required fields