Rooted in Boston, Open to the World
To be a place of welcome and connection for immigrants and a collaborative partner on neighborhood issues in Roslindale.
- Respect the dignity of every person, valuing individual and cultural perspectives and differences
- Welcome new immigrants unconditionally.
- Be inclusive, open to all, regardless of ethnicity, income level, and religion.
- Accompany immigrants who are materially poor, listen to needs and celebrate joys, and stand together in our common struggle for justice.
- Partner with organizations that are committed to improve the quality of life for our vulnerable neighbors.
- Recognize that we are an integral part of a larger community.
- To provide an adult ESOL program where immigrants who speak, understand, read, and/or write little or no English.
- To engage neighborhood families, build community, and support navigating systems to meet needs.
- To advocate for/with our neighbors on issues impacting everyday needs, including immigration, housing, employment, and community well-being.
- To foster experiences for our volunteers that are both formative, transformative, and community-driven.
- To manifest the values of the Sisters of Saint Joseph in our day-to-day relationships and overall mission.