Rooted in Boston, Open to the World
Our mission is to provide learning experiences and caring support services to the multicultural and underserved people of the Roslindale community, allowing them to nurture their individual gifts and potential.
- Respect the dignity of every person, valuing individual and cultural perspectives and differences.
- Welcome new immigrants unconditionally.
- Be inclusive, open to all, regardless of ethnicity, income level, religion.
- Accompany the materially poor, meeting them where they are at, listening to their needs.
- Stand with the materially poor in their struggle for justice.
- Partner with those organizations who are committed to improve the quality of life for those we serve.
- Recognize that we are an integral part of a larger community.
- To provide immigration and employment services to immigrant adults in support of their transition into their new environment, the workforce, and to a path to US citizenship.
- To provide an adult literacy program where immigrants who speak, read, and write little or no English can receive help and support.
- To advocate for/with our neighbors on issues impacting their everyday needs.
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment for neighborhood children to develop good study habits and healthy lifestyles.
- To mentor and foster experiences for our volunteers that are both formative and transformative.
- To enhance neighborhood safety initiatives/involvement and foster community in lower Roslindale.